FOOD FOR THOUGHT TO MAKE OUR JOURNEY THROUGH LIFE EASIER!
The world is filled with chaos, barbaric acts, hatred, prejudice, depression, and anxiety. If we follow the advice of Emmet Fox we could make this world a much better place to live in. " There is so much frustration in the world because we have relied on gods rather than GOD. We have worshiped the god of pleasure only to discover that thrills play out and sensations are short-lived. We have bowed before the god of money only to learn that there are such things as love and friendship that money cannot buy. These transitory gods are not able to save or bring happiness to the human heart. Only God is able. It is faith in him we must rediscover"
The leading scorer( 44.2 points) a game in the history of college basketball Pistol Pete Maravich left us some very profound words before his death in 1988. " I pray that before I'm through with this entire life of mine, I will be happy, peaceful, and my mind at ease about life and God. There are millions of people who have not found a deep sense of purpose and meaning. I'm one of them. I prayed a simple prayer, God, come into my life…forgive me of my sins. From that moment on my life was never to be the same. Trying to please others had brought me frustration, a drinking habit, and a love of material possessions. All the fame and fortune I had accumulated looked extremely pale when compared to the abundance of God in me. The fears I once possessed were wiped away. My life was now filled with the light and love of God. Have the wisdom to seek God and peace and happiness will find you."
KNOW THY SELF.
1. When we learn that the greatest secret of mastering our own destiny is our self, then we will be on the road to finding true happiness.
2. Be before you can win the victory over yourself, you must be able to give your whole heart to God.
3. We are four things. What we think we are, what we pretend to be, what others think we are, and the most important by far is what we really are.
4. The most important part of the quest for freedom is in discovering yourself. When you try to live up to an image dictated by others, it will be very difficult to know exactly who you are and what you want.
5. Nothing is so beneficial as a true knowledge of ourselves.
6. If you know what you are within yourself, the opinion of others will not interest you.
7. Nothing is easier than self-deceit.
8. It is not an easy matter to gain the applause of others, but it is a lot easier than to gain the approval of one's self.
9. The first and worst of all frauds is to cheat yourself.
10. The most interesting journey that a person can make is discovering himself.
11. The only conquest that brings peace and happiness is conquest of self.
12. Hiding from others is the worst way to be lost.
13. Not making yourself transparent will steal your soul.
14. I have to live with myself, and I want to be fit for myself to know. I want to be able to look myself straight in the eye. I want to be able to go out with my head erect. I want to be able to like myself. I do not want to have to look at myself and know that I am all bluster, and an empty show. I know what others may never know. I see what others may never see and so I want to be self-respecting and conscious free. Author Unknown
15. Throughout history man has chosen the road of concealment, rather than openness, a route that all too often results in sickness, misunderstanding, and alienation of self. Sidney Jourard